Sustainability at Reluv
Every time you choose to buy a secondhand item, it means one less new item needs to be manufactured. It takes 2700 litres of water to produce the average T-shirt… think of the natural resources being saved by buying secondhand and keeping clothes in circulation longer.
Whether you buy from or sell to Reluv, you can trust that we have sustainability at the centre of all our business practices.
- All items that are not accepted for sale are donated to local charities or are sent to a women’s shelter where they are given to women in need.
- Items that are not able to be sold or donated, are recycled through textile recyclers in Australia.
- Our Clean Out bags and parcel packs are all 100% compostable reducing the issue of plastic waste. They can be placed in your compost bin at home at end of life.
- All parcels are shipped through our carbon neutral service provider Sendle. Sendle offsets the transport and shipping emissions of every parcel by investing in conservation projects and emissions reduction projects.
- We aim to minimise the use of printed products. Any printed material e.g. brochures, clothing labels and business cards are printed on 100% recycled paper using sustainable printing methods.
- Our clothing racks and hangers are purchased secondhand where possible. Even our mannequins are eco friendly!
- The average website generates 2000kgs of CO2 per year. At Reluv we offset the emissions associated with powering our website every year by investing in accredited reforestation projects within Australia.
From carbon neutral shipping and textile recycling, to partnering with organisations that support vulnerable women, every time you choose Reluv you can rest assured neither the planet nor your financial resources will suffer.
If you want to know more about our sustainability practices please contact us